Tree surgery legalities:
These Terms and Conditions apply to all transactions and agreements between Chris Arnold Tree Surgery (CATS) and its clients.
All quotations and cost estimates are without obligation and are valid for 3 months from their date, after which CATS is entitled to draw up a new quotation and amend costs.
Entering into an Agreement
* The contract takes effect on acceptance by the client, either verbally or in writing, of the quotation submitted by the contractor.
* CATS commits itself to executing the works to the best of its ability, thereby employing sound professional knowledge, skills and experience, with due regard to the client’s requirements and in compliance with all relevant regulations and standards.
* CATS shall take all necessary steps to ensure that the worksite is left clean, tidy and safe on completion of all works.
* Where stumps have been ground out, all grindings will remain onsite, back filling the hole, unless pre-arranged by CATS and client.
Alteration/withdrawal/end of contract
* Scheduled works should be cancelled by the client on a 24 hours’ notice basis.
* If client cancels work with less than 24 hours notice a charge of £60 will be incurred.
* Costs of any additional works requested by the client falling outside of the original quotation will be specified in an additional quotation.
* CATS reserve the right to cancel any work of any kind for any reason, especially where the site conditions prove inaccessible or the health and safety of its employees are at risk.
* CATS is responsible solely for damage that is the direct and demonstrable result of a shortcoming for which the contractor can be held accountable.
* CATS does not accept liability for any damages to (underground) services that were not advised of by the client prior to commencement of the works.
* The client is responsible for informing neighbours in the event where works need to be carried out on their tree and which necessitates access to their property.
* The client is bound to indemnify the contractor from any claims from third parties arising after completion of the works.
* Where trees are to be felled and stumps ground out, it is assumed that they are free of metal, concrete stone or other hidden obstructions. In the event of any of these causing CATS additional work/damaging equipment an extra charge will be made to cover costs.
* Invoices should be paid on completion of works within 7 days, unless agreed otherwise.
* CATS reserves the right to charge interest on fees outstanding for more than 14 days at the rate of 10% per week from the agreed date of payment.
Legal system applicable
The law of the United Kingdom applies to all legally binding transactions between the client and the contractor.